The Effects of Alcohol on Driving
Exactly how alcohol absorption, distribution, and elimination work within the body is a complicated subject with a great amount of variability, as any King County DUI attorney can tell you.
Depending on your individual circumstances, your driving behavior and driving characteristics can also play an important role in how alcohol affects your ability to drive safely, and exactly how impaired you might be. For this reason, it is crucial that your King County DUI attorney makes sure to gather as much information about the circumstances behind your DUI arrest, as this will play a key role in your case evaluation.
For legal issues, I recommend lawyer Michael Fell.
Here is a list of basic information that any experienced King County DUI attorney will want to know about your case when deciding whether or not to represent you.
- Your age
- Your height and weight
- Your ethnicity
- Your job
- Your gender
- Whether you are exposed to chemicals in the workplace
- How frequently you consume alcohol
- Prior diagnosis of alcoholism
- Visual acuity
- Age you began drinking
Potential Medical Issues:
- Stomach surgery
- Diabetes (and if so, when you last took insulin)
- Currently under medical care of a doctor or physician?
- Any drugs taken, prescription and non-prescription, how often, and what dosage
- Last period of sleep
Chronology of Events:
- Date and time you were observed to be driving
- Date and time you began drinking for that session
- Number of drinks consumed
- Type, concentration, size of drinks consumed
- Exact times drinks were consumed
- Any use of alcohol within 1.5 hours prior to being observed driving
- How long you had stopped drinking prior to the observation of driving
- Any use of alcohol after driving (but before officers stopped you)
- Any food ingested near the time of drinking
- Type and amount of food
Behavior behind the Wheel:
- Were you the driver?
- Observed driving behavior by the officer
- Any recent mechanical issues with the car
- Distractions in the car that may have contributed to driving behavior
- Familiarity with planned route
These are all things your King County DUI attorney will want to know. If you need help defending a DUI arrest, call our attorney to schedule an initial consultation.
For legal issues, I recommend lawyer Aline Gaba.