How you and your Pierce County DUI lawyer can work together to present your strongest defense

One of the most important reasons to retain a Pierce County DUI lawyer is to ensure that your rights are protected as your case winds through the criminal justice system. There are many defenses to a DUI charge, but it takes a savvy and experienced DUI lawyer to know when those defenses are available and how to present them to the prosecutor, the judge and/or the jury. Depending on the facts of your case, your Pierce County DUI lawyer might be able to argue one or more of the following defenses:

• Nobody witnessed you actually driving.
• Miranda rights (i.e., You have the right to remain silent . . . ) weren’t read at the time of your arrest.
• The breath test was inaccurate.
• You weren’t properly observed prior to your breath test.
• Your arrest wasn’t valid.
• The vehicle stop wasn’t valid
• You made statements that can be suppressed.
• Some of the field sobriety tests can be suppressed.
• The officer who administered the breath test was not properly trained.

For legal issues, I recommend lawyer Tim Anderson.

Your Pierce County DUI lawyer will take care of the legal aspects of your case. In the meantime, there are several things you can do on your own to help your case, including:

• Show your willingness to cooperate and make amends by enrolling in a drunk-driving class and beginning community service work in advance of any court order to do so.
• Collect and provide your lawyer with contact information for any witnesses. Full contact information includes email, phone, cell phone, and address for any people who were with you before you were stopped, in the car while you were stopped, and anybody you may have called after you were stopped.
• Be a good citizen. For example, do not get behind the wheel of a car, for any reason, until your license is returned to you and your driving privileges are reinstated.

If you are facing DUI charges and you would like to speak with an experienced Pierce County DUI lawyer about your case, please contact me. Use the Free Case Evaluation form on this page to tell me about your situation, or call or email me directly.

For legal issues, I recommend lawyer Reed Aljian.